10 annoying pieces of pregnancy advice I wish I had listened to the first time.
Everyone has something to say when you are pregnant. For the most part, it is awful advice, absolutely awful. But amidst all that noise, there were some gems that I rolled my eyes at the first time around that I really wish I had paused and taken in.
These little tidbits are simple things that if you take to heart, will truly make for a wonderful pregnancy experience.
10. Stop stressing and enjoy it. Breathe deep and relax.
I was worried about everything my first pregnancy. I mean even the book that was my go to reference was more of a ‘what could go wrong this week’ guide than anything else. Pregnancy is much more fun with journaling and meditating than with constant fear of what ifs.
9. Sleep. Massage, pedicure. Did I mention sleep? 🤔😂 Seriously though, once the baby is here, there is so little time to take care of yourself. Enjoy a few minutes of whatever makes you feel pampered.
8.Also, don’t stress about everything little thing. Baby will sleep a lot when he or she gets here. You need diapers, a few outfits and a bassinet. Done. Everything else will come as it’s needed.
7. Never google your symptoms 😂 enough said. 6. This is the easy part 😩😂 Yes, pregnancy can be hard, but find a way to nurture yourself the best you can because it will get harder (and better!)
5. Don’t listen to the scary stories.
4. Make a months worth of freezer meals. Meal trains are great, but you aren’t going to want to cook and CLEAN after cooking for a while. Get those freezer meals ready. You will thank yourself.
3. Be more active. Not in the running stairs or doing crazy workout type of ways, but through yoga or other prenatal exercises that teach you how to protect your core and pelvic floor.
2. Let people take care of you!
1. Eat better and drink prenatal tea. Almost all pregnancy symptoms are signs of undernourishment. While prenatal vitamins are important, they seriously can’t provide the diversity of nutrients that your body and baby need.
I know, people say these things and when you’re in it, you don’t want to hear it. But I have to tell you, I wish I would have listened!
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.